Join us for a comprehensive, 2 day course delivered by accredited, mental health experts. The interactive sessions will give you the skills you need to support the young people in your world who may be experiencing a mental health problem.
This course will give you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
This course provides plenty of resources which you can take away with you, including:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth MHFAider®
- A Youth MHFAider® manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
Taking place over two-days, you will learn more about the prevalence of mental ill health in young people, and the risk factors associated with it. Sessions provide attendees a chance to learn more about anxiety, depression, self-harm, eating disorders and other common mental health problems.
Interested in taking this training? You can register your interest via the form below.
Our next face to face course will be taking place on 07th and 14th March at the Nimbus Enterprise Park in Maidstone, ME16 0FZ.
MHFA England value this course at £300 per person, however we are pleased to be able to offer places at the reduced price of £99 per person.
We also deliver training for a wide variety of organisations in-house – including schools and youth organisations. If this is something you would like to explore, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.