Projects Leader – Job Description
Expected Scale NJC SO1 £27,741
Full Time – primarily based in Maidstone but with travel throughout Ashford and Swale
Mid Kent Mind was established in 1979 and is affiliated to National Mind, a leading mental health charity. We are dedicated to improving the lives of people who are experiencing mental health issues by providing well-respected recovery based community services, high quality information and advice. We actively promote positive wellbeing and have recently launched our Recovery Centre. We provide support to individuals, carers and families through a wide range of diverse services.
This position includes leading our Lottery funded Youth Support Programme, with the goal of empowering young people to better manage their mental health and emotions. By reaching young people early in life, positive and proactive changes can be made to the coping strategies that these people are able to utilise across their lives.
Under the programme, young people will be able to access structured CBC courses, which looks at common mental health problems such as anxiety and depression and social activity groups. This, combined with access to out-of-hours provisions/social Groups, will provide young people with additional opportunities to access peer-to-peer support.
The main role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operationally agree dates and timings for a number of assigned projects and community services that they have lead responsibility, covering staffing, with a main focus on the Youth Reaching Communities Project.
- Manage a small team of MKM Wellbeing Workers.
- Liaise with Deputy CEO to set delivery timescales for commissioned and grant funded projects and monitor deliver for quality.
- Oversee all activity delivery and ensure robust evaluation techniques used to meet funder requirements and work with Deputy CEO to create report in line with requirements in timely fashion.
- Maintain familiarity with all course content and delivery and cover sessions periodically to ensure best placed to evaluate staff level of delivery.
For a full job description and an application form please contact Deborah Hope – email@example.com or telephone 01622 692383.
CV’s will not be accepted.