MKM Youth Counsellor – Job Description
Part-time – 2 days a week
Expected Scale 6 point 21 £26,511 (pro-rota)
Reporting to Lead Counsellor and Team Leader
To provide therapeutic interventions to children and young people aged (11-18) from our centre or other venues (including schools).
To work within the BACP Ethical Framework for counsellors.
To attend monthly supervision provided by Mid Kent Mind.
To create and maintain client records on our CRM system.
To attend training days provided, including mandatory children’s safeguarding training.
To be responsible for contacting clients where appropriate.
To be an active member of the team and contribute to service development.
To liaise with the Counselling team regularly and attend counselling team meetings.
BACP Level 4 Accredited Counsellor. Specific therapeutic training/qualifications in CBT and solution focused theoretical approaches for young people.
· 1 year experience of working with young people
· Demonstrable experience in delivering time limited/solution focussed client work.
· Ability to work in challenging situations
· Ability to interpret situations and react accordingly.
· Ability to work using own personal initiative and professional judgement.
· Good listening skills, clear thinking and sense of perspective
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Able to establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
· Organised approach to record keeping and administration
· Reliable and punctual
· To work with an awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and diversity.
· Experience in working with complex bereavement, trauma focussed interventions, person centred and psychodynamic approaches.
· Virtual and telephone counselling trained.
We are Mid Kent Mind and we are passionate about supporting people with mental health issues and promoting positive wellbeing. We recognise people as unique individuals and not as a diagnosis or a label. We aim to equip people with the tools they need, empowering them to reach their potential. We encourage diversity, challenging stigma and discrimination.
For an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring our reception on 01622 692383
Application deadline: Midnight 30th September 2021