Well-being Evening Worker
· £10.26 per hour
· Location: Ashford/Maidstone
· Hours available: 4-12 Hours per week. (Evening and weekend hours)
· A DBS check is required for this role.
· Full training for this role will be provided.
Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind was established in 1979 and is affiliated to National Mind, a leading mental health charity. We are dedicated to improving the lives of people who are experiencing mental health issues by providing well-respected recovery based community services, high quality information and advice. We actively promote positive wellbeing, providing support to individuals, carers and families through a wide range of diverse services.
The Well-being cafe worker is an essential role in a local scheme to provide additional support for people in crisis and the successful candidate will be required to deliver support service sessions at a local community venue in Ashford. You must have at least 12 months experience in service or project delivery and an understanding of mental health and well-being. The ideal would also have experience in delivering support sessions for the target audience. A can-do attitude has been a critical factor to the success we have enjoyed as a charity, plus an eagerness to work amongst groups of diverse people is also a key feature within our team. Having a personal passion for high standards of work will suit the culture here. The right candidate must have commitment, attention to detail as well as being conscientious, and possess the ability to identify potential problems and remain solution focused. We are particularly interested in candidates that have lived experience of mental health issues.
The main role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Delivery of mental health and well-being support sessions for walk-in service users from a community café location.
· Accurate recording and collation of work and produced outcomes as required.
· Facilitating peer support, information and guidance for service users.
· Ensure follow up work and actions are clearly recorded and passed to the appropriate worker for action.
· Liaise with senior management to identify gaps in service provision and local need.
· Maintaining the high standards of Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind.
· Attend additional training and continued professional development sessions as required.
You will be reporting to the Team Leader, who will provide support and will require weekly and monthly reports on activities.
For further details and an application form please contact Julie Blackmore at: email@example.com or call 01622 692 383. Please note CV’S will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th December 2019