Mid Kent Mind are able to provide the nationally-acclaimed Two-Day Youth Mental Health First Aid course from Mental Health First Aid England – providing an opportunity for people to develop their toolkit for supporting young people with their mental health.
You can find the full outline for this course below.
This two day course trains you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Currently, in order to deliver these courses in a virtual capacity, we are splitting them over four morning sessions to ensure that people gain access to the full course content in a medium which is more manageable over ZOOM.
Our courses are currently available at the subsidised rate of £75 per person thanks to generous funding from The National Lottery – with an additional discount available to charities and voluntary groups making the course just £25. These courses are usually valued at £300. You can find current dates on the booking form below.
Interested in booking Two-Day Youth Mental Health First Aid training internally for your company or organisation?
We work with a range of companies to help them to implement Mental Health First Aid in their organisations. For more details, e-mail email@example.com.