Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind are pleased to offer MHFA Youth 2-Day Training to organisations and individuals who are keen to learn more about mental health.
The MHFA Youth 2-Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
This course has been created by Mental Health First Aid England.
This course is usually valued at £300 per person – as this covers the cost of the Instructor, and the training materials which individuals take away with them. As part of Mid-Kent Mind’s continued charitable mission, however, we aim to offer this course at a subsidised rate – to make it more accessible to people who feel as though they may benefit from increased knowledge.
Please see the below list of dates for our current MHFA Youth 2-Day courses. You can E-Mail email@example.com to book onto any of these dates.
Current Training Dates:
More dates coming soon.