· Location: 1 X Maidstone based with work across Kent (1year contract with possible extension subject to funding)
· Hours: 22.5 Hours per week
· £17,593 salary PA pro rata
· A DBS check is required for this role.
· We offer competitive annual leave, good training and opportunities to progress if desired.
Maidstone Mind was established in 1979 and is affiliated to National Mind, a leading mental health charity. We are dedicated to improving the lives of people who are experiencing mental health issues by providing well-respected recovery based community services, high quality information and advice. We actively promote positive wellbeing and have recently launched our Recovery Centre. We provide support to individuals, carers and families through a wide range of diverse services.
The position is for a generic Well-being Worker and the successful candidate will be required to deliver services across multiple platforms and projects, working from multiple locations across Mid-Kent. (1year fixed contract).
You must have at least 12 months experience in service or project delivery and an understanding of mental health and well-being would be advantageous. The ideal candidate would also have experience in delivering training and information sessions and have knowledge around consultation and engagement, working with adults and children / young people. A can- do attitude has been a critical factor to the success we have enjoyed as a charity, plus an eagerness to work amongst groups of diverse people is also a key feature within our team. Having a personal passion for high standards of work will suit the culture here.
The right candidate must have commitment, attention to detail as well as being conscientious, and possess the ability to identify potential problems and remain solution
focused. Knowledge or experience of the voluntary and community sector is desirable. It is important that you have good IT skills: good working knowledge of MS Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook is essential and Powerpoint skills.
Some out of hours work will be required.
The main role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Delivery of mental health and well-being services and activities at multiple locations.
· To provide delivery of support within school settings
· Delivery of targets set by pre-defined outcomes.
· Lead and support delivery of training sessions.
· Consulting with target audiences.
· Accurate recording and collation of work and produced outcomes as required.
· Providing individual one to one support, including information and guidance and linking with Mind counselling services.
· Liaise with senior management to identify needs and evolve the services within the perimeters of the programmes.
· Ability to work flexibly across a number of platforms and locations, effectively managing and prioritising workloads.
· Maintaining the high standards of Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind and its Wellbeing and Recovery centre.
· Any additional duties required to meet the intended project outcomes.
For further details and an application form please contact Julie Blackmore at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 692383. Please note CV’S will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th November.