Taming My Temper is a 6 week course dealing with anger management specifically designed for young people that may have issues controlling their emotions and want to reduce the levels of anger and hostility that they display.
This course looks at the causation of negative emotional behaviour and the anger response displayed by people. It then looks at ways to minimise negative emotions and alternative ways to cope and remain calm.
Utilising Cognitive Behavioural Coaching, peer interaction support, self-discovery exercises, relaxation techniques and task setting, the course enables participants to:
- Explore anger in its broadest context and improve awareness.
- Understand anger and how it can affect people, introducing theory around thoughts, feelings and behaviours, encouraging participants to explore their own emotions
- Learn about different cognitive styles and how these can have an impact upon life
- Learn different techniques to improve relaxation
- Understand emotional responses and how these can be better managed
- Understand stress and the role it plays in negative emotional responses
- Explore life-long coping strategies to maintain wellbeing
Our next courses are available for FREE thanks to the generous funding of Kent County Council, as a part of the Early Help Programme. You can find the available dates listed below.
This course is for young people between the ages of twelve and seventeen.
Virtual Course Starting 13th September | 4pm – 5pm | Funded by Swale Early Help | Ages 11 – 14 | Spaces Available
If you know a young person who may benefit, then please complete the booking form found below to book their free space.
Spaces are available on a limited first-come, first-served basis.
Alternatively, you may wish to complete a booking by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Made possible by