Our current programme of Managing Me courses has been funded as a part of the Kent County Council Early Help Programme – providing young people with access to support.
Managing Me is a 6 week course specifically designed to provide young people with a chance to learn how to cope with life and focuses on dealing with stress, anxiety, depression and self-image.
Utilising Cognitive Behavioural Coaching techniques, self-analysis exercises, peer interaction support and 1-to-1 recovery action planning, the course enables participants to:
– Explore mental health in it’s broadest context and improve awareness.
– Understand anxiety and how it can affect people, introducing theory around thoughts, feelings and behaviours whilst encouraging participants to explore their own anxiety.
– Learn about different thinking styles and how these can have an impact upon life, with a particular focus on negative thinking styles.
– Learn 3 different techniques to improve relaxation.
– Understand stress and depression to better identify what causes both stress and depression whilst looking at the support networks that they themselves have available.
– Explore life-long coping strategies to recover from ill mental health or maintain wellbeing.
We are currently offering support to young people between the ages of 9 and 18. Courses are split into age segments to ensure good peer-to-peer relationships across all of our programmes.
You will find our current dates listed below.
26th April 2021 – 31st May 2021 | 4pm Start |
Available For Young People In Canterbury District | 14 – 18 years
27th April 2021 – 1st June 2021 | 4pm Start |
Available For Young People In Canterbury District | 9 – 13 years
29th April 2021 – 3rd of June 2021 | 4pm Start | Available For All Young People Thanks to Reaching Communities Funding | 14 – 18 years
30th April 2021 – 4th of June 2021 | 4pm Start | Available For All Young People Thanks to Reaching Communities Funding | 9 – 13 years
To book your young person’s space on one of our current Managing Me courses, you can complete the contact form found below.
Alternatively, you can e-mail email@example.com.
Made possible by