The Young Minds programme being delivered by Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind, funded by Children in Need, is designed to support young people with their mental health and general wellbeing, helping them become more resilient in the future.
A range of services to support young people with their mental health and wellbeing:
Within schools, colleges and youth organisations in Maidstone
- We run 6 week courses that can be adapted to the needs identified by the organisation we are working with and the young participants. We work through understanding what mental health is, how it can become negative and the ways in which this can manifest. We look at causes of negative mental wellbeing and deliver sessions that look to build confidence, self-esteem and coping mechanisms. (Courses run have shown a 56% increase in participants reported wellbeing.)
- Managing Me – A 6 week course specifically designed for young people to learn how to cope with life and focuses on dealing with stress, anxiety, depression and self-image.
- Youth Yoga – A 6 week course to help with self confidence. It teaches techniques to help manage stress, anxiety and depression. Youth Yoga is on Wednesdays 4.30-5.30pm at Info Zone, Maidstone. Book a place.
- Taming My Temper – A 6 week course dealing with anger management specifically designed for young people that may have issues controlling their emotions and want to reduce the levels of anger and hostility that they display.
- Beat Bullying – A 90 minute anti bullying workshop designed to be undertaken with a school year group or youth club. Beat Bullying looks at the effects of bullying on both the victim and the perpetrator.
Managing Me – 6th April 2017 4.30-5.30pm
Taming My Temper – 19th April 2017 4.30-5.30pm
For more information about these courses or to book a place please contact Nikki Brooker on 01622 692383 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants have said about our programme
“Genuinely more valuable than my entire 5 years at CAMHS” (Managing Me course)
“I feel this group really helped me control my mental health”
“My self-esteem has gotten better and I’m more confident in myself”
“I enjoyed being able to speak truthfully without any worries”
“I learned to put things into perspective and how to deal with negative thoughts”
“I learned to control my anger and also to feel good about myself”
“I learned how to relax in stressful situations”
If you would like to know more about our Young Minds project please contact Nikki on 01622 692383 or email email@example.com
Young Minds Programme is funded by Children in Need.