Standing Strong – A Course For Young Girls In The Maidstone Area
Standing Strong is 6-week course that helps young girls with issues such as body image and online safety.
Overall aims of the course are as follows:
- Learn how to change negative thoughts to positive thoughts
- Learn how to identify negative relationships
- Learn more about body image and how to accept yourself
- Learn how to stay safe online
- Learn how to express themselves assertively
A session by session guide to what we cover:
- Session 1 – registration forms, get to know you games, an introduction to wellbeing and establishing ground rules for the group (and homework setting)
- Session 2 – exploring healthy friendships and relationships, and overcoming negative thoughts (and homework setting).
- Session 3 – confidence, body image and affirmations (and homework setting).
- Session 4 – assertiveness, keeping yourself safe online (and homework setting).
- Session 5 – sexting and the law, grooming awareness and consent (and homework setting)
- Session 6 – Recapping the learning, monitoring forms and certificate presentation.
For more details on Standing Strong, please contact Nikki on 01622 692383 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org