About the course …
Resilient Minds is a FREE 1 day course for Parents age 17+ that are experiencing mental health issues and for Parents
of children that have mental health issues, Autism or ADHD.
The course has been designed to help Parents manage stress, anxiety and low level depression and to build resilience in preventing these conditions from becoming entrenched negative factors.
Parents will explore the ‘Six Ways to Wellbeing’ combined with the idea of mindfulness to provide them with a menu of practical selfhelp activities and ideas to build and maintain positive emotional wellbeing and resilience.
The full day course includes:
• An introduction to the Six Ways to Wellbeing and Mindfulness
• Individual assessments of how stressed and mindful participants are
• The 1 minute mindfulness tool
• The stress bucket
• The happiness hour
• Turning off your auto pilot
• Body Scanning and understanding physical sensations
• The conscious observation tool
• Reconnecting to body and breath
• The mindfulness cues tool
• Mindfulness in your daily life
• Strategies to beat your stress
• The Difference between mindfulness and concentration
• Introducing mindful meditation
Start dates …
22nd May 2017, 19th Sept 2017, 23rd Jan 2017
To make a referral for this course please request a Resilient Minds referral form from MMK Mind on:
tel 01622 692383 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a maximum of 12 participants on each course.
The course will be held at:
An Ashford venue
(to be advised)
Resilient Minds is funded by a Kent County Council Early Help Grant