Job Title: Sessional IAPT Counsellor
Position: Self Employed
Accountable to: Counselling Management Team
Line Manager: Counselling Team Lead
Fees: For Step 2 work, £12.26 per session: For Step 3 work, £17.63 per session, increased to £18.14 per session if accredited.
Hours: As a self-employed professional, number of sessions is not guaranteed. We expect Sessional IAPT counsellors to be able to offer at least 9 sessions per week, some of which will be out of normal office hours.
* To provide a qualified Counselling Service to Step 2 and Step 3 clients of the North Kent MIND IAPT service.
* To fulfil professional clinical supervision requirements.
* To maintain adequate records of clinical work and provide appropriate statistical returns as required.
* To maintain training and continue professional development.
* To be aware of and comply with the policies, procedures and service standards of the North Kent Mind IAPT service.
* To manage your own appointments with clients and communicate those arrangements to the Counselling Management Team.
* To adhere to IAPT service requirements.
* To follow all workplace policies and procedures.
* To complete all admin work associated to the maintenance of client records.
* To use CORE Net system to record notes and patient data.
* To follow ICT protocols with supplied IT equipment.
* To attend the CORE Net training as requested.
* To comply with MMKM IT policies.
* To comply with North Kent Mind IAPT service policies and procedures.
* An induction session must take place prior to start date.
* Endeavour to attend Mind Mental Health training when requested.
* Commit to attend any IAPT training offered to IAPT Counsellors.
* Undertake yearly safeguarding training.
* Must be BACP Accredited or working towards accreditation.
* Clear enhanced DBS check.
* Able to form good professional relationships with staff and clients.
* Able to express views positively and constructively.
* Demonstrate compassion, empathy and understanding with contacts.
* Treat all people with respect and dignity, dealing with them fairly.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to produce accurate and complete records with attention to detail.
* Computer literate.
* Able to make clear, timely and justifiable decisions.
* Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Demonstrate awareness of professional environment.
If you are interested in joining the team as one of our IAPT Counsellors, please call 01622 692383 or E-Mail email@example.com